3/22/2007

Tajuan Porter: the last little guy in the tournament, but first in our hearts



As soon as I saw Tajuan Porter, genuine little guy, go toe to toe with Craig Bradshaw, genuine rugby player, I knew I needed to find a picture of the match-up. Four days later The Register Guard and photographer Thomas Boyd oblige. There's also this excellent article on the little dude.

I may be biased, but I will always find this:


to be more impressive than this:


I have yet to be impressed by any big players. I'm sorry, but if you're made to play basketball, and you earn your bread and butter by backing up into the paint and shooting over people's heads, well, it's good that you stick with what works, but I don't find it exciting and I don't find it impressive. And you sure as heck better make your free throws.

If you've been reading what I've had to say, you know that I love a good story. Porter makes for a great storyline, but he's also a great player. I'll admit, I'd like it if he was short and decent, and only got a little playing time, but the fact that he is so smart on the field, and so capable and such a contributor means he's pretty much my perfect player.

And did I mention he has a twin sister? I'm a twin, so anyone with twins (even the Minnesota Twins) get automatic points with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your guy certainly played big tonight. Wouldn't let the rest of the Ducks blow it.

How big is his twin?

b. o. d.

Mary said...

How big is his twin?

According to the Register Guard she is slightly taller than Porter.