3/28/2007

Sports have been bumming me out. Between the Ducks losing and the Mariners apparently marching towards a miserable season with poor personnel decisions, I haven't had a whole lot to get excited about this week. Three posts from the U.S.S. Mariner blog is the last two days:

Mariners are probably going to bring up Brandon Morrow, a pitcher they drafted last year, to do relief work. Apparently this is a bad idea and may hurt his development as a starter, and that might suck.

A while back they traded away a young, cheap player with great potential for a more expensive, older, less effective player. And now it seems that this new player is basically the sort of player that other teams simply drop from their roster.


And finally, the Mariners got rid of Rivera, a sorry excuse for a backup catcher, but their bench still sucks.



I feel discouraged. But I have a plan! Starting on opening day, I'm going to boycott blogs for a while, just read the Seattle news sites and whatever might be at ESPN or MLB. Because I'm a little tired of the cranky Mariner's nation. And as realistic and statistically reasonable as they may be, I think opening day should be a time for optimism. Blind optimism, even!

On that note (the positive one) my uncle wrote a pretty good column about the Ducks basketball season which helped me put my cranky feelings about that to bed.

No comments: